Corn is a useful food and one of the most important food inputs for livestock and poultry. Compared to other cereals, it has high energy, but relatively little protein.

For optimal use of this nutrient, corn should be processed by cracking or coarse milling before feeding and then fed to livestock and poultry.
Processed animal feed almost always considers feeding corn as one of its main components. Its high energy content, as well as its content level (60 to 80%) and low chemical composition complexity, make it one of the preferred materials for animal feed producers.

The benefits of using feeding corn when used as animal feed are multiplied and have results such as increased egg production in poultry. For other animals, it improves meat quality and helps produce milk for cows and sheep.

 

Nutritional value of feeding corn

Compared to other edible grains, feeding corn has less protein and higher energy. Feeding corn contains about 72% starch based on dry matter. Other important components in corn kernels include protein, fiber and minerals.

Approximately 65% ​​of the protein in feeding corn is volatile or bypass protein. (Volatile protein is a protein that is not fermented or broken down by rumen microorganisms, but is digested and absorbed by the animal in the small intestine). The remaining 35% of feeding corn protein is a protein that can be broken down in the rumen. Rumen microorganisms need degradable proteins in the rumen for use in growth and synthesis.

Some of the valuable nutrients in feeding corn include the following:

  • Starch: 72.2%
  • Protein 10.4%
  • Ash 1.4%
  • Phosphorus: 0.33%
  • Potassium 0.33%
  • Magnesium: 0.12%
  • Calcium: 0.02%

 

Most research on corn suggests significant benefits of providing ruminal biodegradable protein in corn-based diets.

Like all grains, corn is low in calcium and relatively high in phosphorus. Diets high in corn should include a source of supplemental calcium, such as limestone, to prevent urinary stones in livestock and poultry. The recommended ratio of calcium to phosphorus in background and fat diets is at least 2 to 1 (two parts calcium to one part phosphorus).

 

Reduce costs with feeding corn

As livestock producers try to reduce their production costs, many are looking for ways to reduce their feed costs. Feed costs have been identified as the largest cost of livestock production, accounting for 50 to 70 percent of total production costs. To reduce feed costs, growers are looking at options to extend the grazing season. feeding corn is typically grown and harvested by livestock producers as cereals or silos.

 

livestock corn

 

Sadr Novin Khorasan Trading with a 10-year history in the field of import and export and using the experiences of food experts, in every season of the year, brings feeding corn with the highest quality and the most appropriate price to you, dear buyers.

To buy feeding corn or to know the price of feeding corn, contact the collection experts by phone or by sending a message through the contact us page.

 

Related Article :

 

Feed Barley

 

Feed Wheat